Within Portugal, expressos are the best cheap long-distance option—they're comfortable, direct buses, some with video and food service. Operators include Rede Expressos (www.rede-expressos.pt); Rodonorte (www.rodonorte.pt), in the north; and Eva Transportes (www.eva-bus.com), in the south. Book ahead. Tourism offices can help with schedules, and most travel agents sell tickets.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's