The flying time to Lisbon is 6½ hours from New York, 9 hours from Chicago, and 15 hours from Los Angeles. The flight from London to Lisbon is about 2½ hours. Continental Airlines has one daily nonstop flight from Newark to Lisbon's Aeroporto Internacional de Lisboa (LIS, 21/841–3500), as does TAP Air Portugal (800/221–7370 in U.S. www.tap.pt), but with connections to Porto's Aeroporto Francisco Sá Carneiro (OPO, 22/943–2400). It may be cheaper flying to London and picking up a budget airline or charter flight. Domestic flights are expensive. From Lisbon, TAP serves Porto and Faro.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe