- Fun in the sun. One of Europe's sunniest places, the Algarve guarantees great weather pretty much year-round, but avoid August as temperatures can hit the high 90s Fahrenheit and traffic will test the steeliest of nerves.
- Fun in the shade. Adrenaline junkies are now flocking to the region in winter when comfortable temperatures and bright skies make it an ideal destination for active pursuits like of sky-diving.
- Glitz and glamour. During peak season, the Algarve rivals Europe’s glitziest hot spots. Jet-setters travel from far and wide to attend what are fast becoming world-renowned events.
- Green tee. Golf is a four-season game here. Its 37 acclaimed courses—designed by the likes of Henry Cotton, Frank Pennink, and Rocky Roquemore—include some of the continent’s best.
- Festivals galore. From city-size festas to the hundreds of smaller, rural village affairs, you can be sure that somewhere, at some point, there will be something going on to suit your tastes.
- Fantastic food and drink. Rapidly making a name for itself on the international gastronomy scene, the Algarve is home to award-winning restaurants and up-and-coming vineyards.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More