Porto's Aeroporto Francisco Sá Carneiro, 13 km (8 mi) north of the city, is the gateway to northern Portugal. There's direct service from many European cities, though not from the United States, and TAP Portugal runs regular flights from Lisbon. The airport is now served by the expanding metro system (a 30 minute trip downtown). Taxis are also available outside the terminal; the metered fare into town should run EUR 18 to EUR 20, including EUR 1.50 for baggage. Outside the city limits, tariffs are based on kilometers traveled: EUR 1.08 per kilometer until 10 pm and 20% more at night and on weekends.
Aeroporto Franciso Sá Carneiro (Porto). 22/943-2400. www.ana.pt.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Explore Porto For Less! Book Fr $38+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $17/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Quality Inn Porto Fr $68+/Nt Save with Expedia, $8/night less
- 5-Star Tiara Park Atlantic Porto Fr $96+/Nt — $96 Save with Hotels.com, $29/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Porto this May Fr $125+/Nt — $125 Save with Expedia, $37/night less
- Save $$ in Porto: Book Fr $86+/Nt — $86 Save with Hotels.com, $26/night less