Museu de Arte Contemporânea
Museu de Arte Contemporânea Review
Designed by Álvaro Siza Vieira, a winner of the Pritzker Prize and Portugal's best-known architect, the Contemporary Art Museum is part of the Serralves Foundation and is surrounded by lovely gardens. It has changing international exhibitions, as well as work from Portuguese painters, sculptors, and designers. Check with the tourist office for the latest information. The original art deco house and its small formal garden is also worth visiting; as well as housing the foundation, it hosts small exhibitions. Various joint tickets are available, including one to the museum and to the Sea Life aquarium in Foz. To get here, take a taxi or catch the metro to Casa da Música and then Bus 201, 203, 502, or 504 from the Rotunda da Boavista; or from downtown take Bus 201 from Avenida dos Aliados—about a 30-minute ride.
- Address: Rua D. João de Castro 210, Oporto, 4150-417 | Map It
- Phone: 22/615-6500; 808/200-543
- Cost: Museum and garden Tues.--Sat. €7, garden €3; Sun. free to 1 pm
- Hours: Oct.--Mar. museum and house Tues.--Fri. 10--5, weekends 10--8; park Tues.--Sun. 10--7. Apr.--Sept. museum Tues.--Fri. 10--5, weekends 10--8; house Tues.--Fri. 10-5, weekends 10--7; park Tues.--Fri. 10--7, weekends 10--8.
- Website: www.serralves.pt
- Location: Porto
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $168 & up -- Portugal: 5-Star Lisbon Hotel thru Summer Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade
we have spent 17 wonderful days on the islands Sao Miguel, Sao Jorge and Pico in the Azores (Portugal) and I would like to share my trip report with lots of photos with you.
Hope you enjoy:
Portugal, Trip Report 21-30 April 2013
I am a widely traveled senior citizen (78), US born, now retired, and have visited all continents except Antarctica. Read more
We have the possibility of going to either Lisbon or Seville for 4 days (in Januray!).
I haven't been to any of the two cities before.
Which one of the places would you recommend?
Thank you. Read more
· News & Features
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of rece ... Read more
River cruising in Portugal's Douro River Valley—a delightful region comprised of old-world villages... Read more