Hotel Mercure Porto Central
At a Glance
- central location, cozy rooms
- reception seems understaffed, small parking lot
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Mercure Porto Central Review
Next door to the Sao João Theatre, the Mercure has a great location only a block or two from Avenida dos Aliados. Rooms are elegantly appointed in lovely shades of cocoa and cinnamon. You can get sweeping views over the city from a wide terrace at the top of the building.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $168 & up -- Portugal: 5-Star Lisbon Hotel thru Summer Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade
we have spent 17 wonderful days on the islands Sao Miguel, Sao Jorge and Pico in the Azores (Portugal) and I would like to share my trip report with lots of photos with you.
Hope you enjoy:
Portugal, Trip Report 21-30 April 2013
I am a widely traveled senior citizen (78), US born, now retired, and have visited all continents except Antarctica. Read more
We have the possibility of going to either Lisbon or Seville for 4 days (in Januray!).
I haven't been to any of the two cities before.
Which one of the places would you recommend?
Thank you. Read more
· News & Features
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of rece ... Read more
River cruising in Portugal's Douro River Valley—a delightful region comprised of old-world villages... Read more