At a Glance
- oodles of style
- central location
- fine views from upper floors
- no pool or gym
- few in-room amenities
- bathroom lighting more stylish than effective
Check Rates from our Partners
Infante Sagres Review
Intricately carved wood details, rare area rugs and tapestries, stained-glass windows, and antiques decorate public areas in what on its inauguration in 1951 was Porto's first luxury hotel. It remains an icon, its interior now enlivened by striking contemporary furniture from local company Boca do Lobo. In guest rooms, shades of beige, cream, and white complement dark-wood furnishings and lend a contemporary character; bathrooms are all marble or sheer black, and have sophisticated lighting. Suites harbor unique antiques and dreamy Hästens beds—no wonder the place is favored by European aristos, who can also take advantage of a private treatment room. Despite the glamour, staff couldn't be nicer.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $168 & up -- Portugal: 5-Star Lisbon Hotel thru Summer Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade
we have spent 17 wonderful days on the islands Sao Miguel, Sao Jorge and Pico in the Azores (Portugal) and I would like to share my trip report with lots of photos with you.
Hope you enjoy:
Portugal, Trip Report 21-30 April 2013
I am a widely traveled senior citizen (78), US born, now retired, and have visited all continents except Antarctica. Read more
We have the possibility of going to either Lisbon or Seville for 4 days (in Januray!).
I haven't been to any of the two cities before.
Which one of the places would you recommend?
Thank you. Read more
· News & Features
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of rece... Read more
River cruising in Portugal's Douro River Valley—a delightful region comprised of old-world villages... Read more