- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Os Três Potes
Os Três Potes Review
The cellarlike dining room, converted from a 16th-century communal bakery and dotted with traditional rural implements, gets busy on summer weekends, when people crowd in for the folksinging and dancing sessions. There's fado every other Friday. Sitting at tables under stone arches or on the open-air terrace, you can choose from a fine range of regional dishes: start with the aperitivos regionais (a selection of cod pastries and cheeses); move on to the house bacalhau, the exceedingly tender polvo na brasa (charcoal-grilled octopus), or the cabrito à Serra d'Arga (roast kid). There's a good wine list and live music on weekends.
- Address: Beco dos Fornos 7–9, off Praça da República Viana do Castelo, 4900–523
- Phone: 258/829928
- Location: Viana do Castelo
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Historical Way and Fisherman's Trail
Great info on the web site. Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I've done some searching and found great information so far and am looking for some final suggestions on my first trip to Europe.
I'm a 29 year old male and am looking for amazing nightlife Read more
· News & Features
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and ... Read more
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of rece... Read more
River cruising in Portugal's Douro River Valley—a delightful region comprised of old-world villages... Read more