Terra de Montanha
Terra de Montanha Review
Not only is this an excellent restaurant, but it has a unique design as well. Tables and seating in the two spacious dining rooms are within huge wine barrels. Most of the upper portions are cut away, giving you a view of the room, but some barrels are more enclosed for a sense of privacy. There's a wide range of dishes drawing on top-quality meats and other local ingredients, and an excellent bacalhau com presunto e broa no forno (baked with smoked ham and corn bread). Or you might go for something rather more unusual such as orelheira estufada (stewed pig's ear). There's even a vegetarian menu. Service is friendly, and prices are quite reasonable. They serve dinner until late here—almost midnight on weekends.
- Address: Rua 31 de Janeiro 16–18, Vila Real, 5000–603
- Phone: 259/372075
- Website: www.terramontanha.wix.com/restaurante-terra-de-montanha
- Location: Vila Real
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's