- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Terra de Montanha
Terra de Montanha Review
Not only is this an excellent restaurant, but it has a unique design as well. Tables and seating in the two spacious dining rooms are within huge wine barrels. Most of the upper portions are cut away, giving you a view of the room, but some barrels are more enclosed for a sense of privacy. There's a wide range of dishes drawing on top-quality meats and other local ingredients, and an excellent bacalhau com presunto e broa no forno (baked with smoked ham and corn bread). Or you might go for something rather more unusual such as orelheira estufada (stewed pig's ear). There's even a vegetarian menu. Service is friendly, and prices are quite reasonable. They serve dinner until late here—almost midnight on weekends.
- Address: Rua 31 de Janeiro 16–18, Vila Real, 5000–603
- Phone: 259/372075
- Website: www.terramontanha.wix.com/restaurante-terra-de-montanha
- Location: Vila Real
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Historical Way and Fisherman's Trail
Great info on the web site. Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
We are traveling from Lisbon to Seville in October to meet up with. Read more
· News & Features
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and ... Read more
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of rece... Read more
River cruising in Portugal's Douro River Valley—a delightful region comprised of old-world villages... Read more