Museu do Douro
Museu do Douro Review
This stunning museum sits at the center of the Douro Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site—underscoring its importance in terms of cultural history and tourism. Housed in the imposing former headquarters of a port wine company, the institution also has a striking contemporary wing that hosts major exhibitions about the wine-making region, its history, and leading figures connected with it. The museum is also building up a network of branches around this large and very varied region. The first was opened in 2009, in Tabuaço.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's