Porto and the North Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Porto and the North Hotel Reviews
In Porto hotel rates rival those in Lisbon, and you should reserve rooms well in advance to avoid disappointment. Lodgings in the Minho and Trás-os-Montes regions are reasonably priced compared with their counterparts elsewhere in the country. The Turismo no Espaço Rural (Rural Tourism) network allows you to spend time at a variety of historic manor houses, country farms, and little village cottages scattered throughout the north. Many of these converted 17th- and 18th-century buildings are found in the lovely rural areas around Ponte de Lima, in the Minho region. Pousadas (inns) offer a variety of settings in the north, from a 12th-century monastery in Guimarães to more rustic, hunting-lodge digs in such places as the Marão mountain ridges near Amarante or a hilltop in Bragança.
Browse Porto and the North Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's