- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
O Calhetas Review
This fantastic fish restaurant is at the far end of the beach at Ponta da Calheta. There's a smart, minimalist interior, or you can dine on a sun terrace. The fresh fish of the day is always good, or try the giant spicy prawns, amêijoas (cockles), seafood spaghetti, or caldeirada (fish stew). There's a free shuttle to and from town, or you can walk back in a couple of hours straight down the beach; it's safe at night. There's also a snack bar open all day for drinks and lighter fare.
- Address: Ponta da Calheta, Porto Santo, 9400-090
- Phone: 291/984380
- Location: Porto Santo
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Historical Way and Fisherman's Trail
Great info on the web site. Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I've done some searching and found great information so far and am looking for some final suggestions on my first trip to Europe.
I'm a 29 year old male and am looking for amazing nightlife Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more