- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Carris operates two tourist trams, tickets for each of which are EUR 17: one rattles through the Old Town, the other takes you out to Belém. It also runs two different hop-on, hop-off routes in open-top buses, starting at Praça de Comércio, and costing EUR 14. One circles downtown and stops at the Belém Tower and the Jerónimos Monastery, the other heads east to the Military Museum, Ceramic Tile Museum, and Parque das Nações. Gray Line offers coach tours covering Lisbon and the surrounding area.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $168 & up -- Portugal: 5-Star Lisbon Hotel thru Summer Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line