- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lisbon's small, modern airport, sometimes known as Aeroporto de Portela, is just 7 km (4½ mi) north of the center, and getting downtown is simple and inexpensive. A special service, Aerobus 91, departs every 20 minutes between 7:45 am and 8:15 pm. Tickets from the driver cost €4. It stops near major downtown hotels, at Praça Marquês de Pombal, Avenida da Liberdade, Rossio, Praça do Comércio, and Cais do Sodré train station. Cheaper (€1.40) city buses 44 and 45 bound for Cais do Sodré via Rossio depart every 15 to 30 minutes between 5 am and 1:40 am from the main road in front of the terminal. For a taxi, you'll pay €15 to €20 to get downtown, plus a €1.80 surcharge per item of luggage in the trunk.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's