- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lisbon's small, modern airport, sometimes known as Aeroporto de Portela, is just 7 km (4½ mi) north of the center, and getting downtown is simple and inexpensive. A special service, Aerobus 91, departs every 20 minutes between 7:45 am and 8:15 pm. Tickets from the driver cost EUR 4. It stops near major downtown hotels, at Praça Marquês de Pombal, Avenida da Liberdade, Rossio, Praça do Comércio, and Cais do Sodré train station. Cheaper (EUR 1.40) city buses 44 and 45 bound for Cais do Sodré via Rossio depart every 15 to 30 minutes between 5 am and 1:40 am from the main road in front of the terminal. For a taxi, you'll pay EUR 15 to EUR 20 to get downtown, plus a EUR 1.80 surcharge per item of luggage in the trunk.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off Windstar Cruises