- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Museu Calouste Gulbenkian
Museu Calouste Gulbenkian Review
On its own lush grounds, the museum of the celebrated Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, a cultural trust, houses treasures collected by Armenian oil magnate Calouste Gulbenkian. The collection is split in two: one part is devoted to Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Islamic, and Asian art, and the other to European acquisitions. Both holdings are small, but the quality of the pieces is magnificent, and you should aim to spend at least two hours here. English-language notes are available throughout. Varied and interesting temporary exhibitions are also often staged in the Foundation's main building.
- Address: Avenida de Berna 45, Praça de Espanha, Lisbon, 1067-001 | Map It
- Phone: 21/7823000
- Cost: €4, temporary exhibitions €4–€5, combined ticket €5, combined ticket museum with Modern Art Center €5, combined ticket for all €7; free Sun.
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 10–5:45
- Website: www.museu.gulbenkian.pt
- Metro: São Sebastião or Praça de Espanha.
- Location: The Modern City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Lisbon April 2014
The background- Company sponsored trip so most was pre-arranged and planned for us, including:
Hotel -Pestana Palace
Flights- US Airways Atlanta to Philadelphia ; Philadelphia to Lisbon-same Read more
A big thank you to all who have contributed to the Azores forum. Read more
Hi, We are landing in Lisbon in end of May and flying back from Lisbon after 9 days.
I read lots of posts that cover lisbon and porto but we will be traveling with small kids.
We want to spend time in Libso Read more
· News & Features
Lisbon is one of the coolest European capitals. ... Read more
A sleek, new hotel has arrived in Lisbon's oldest neighborhood, Alfama.... Read more
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of rece... Read more