- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Museu Calouste Gulbenkian
Museu Calouste Gulbenkian Review
On its own lush grounds, the museum of the celebrated Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, a cultural trust, houses treasures collected by Armenian oil magnate Calouste Gulbenkian. The collection is split in two: one part is devoted to Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Islamic, and Asian art, and the other to European acquisitions. Both holdings are small, but the quality of the pieces is magnificent, and you should aim to spend at least two hours here. English-language notes are available throughout. Varied and interesting temporary exhibitions are also often staged in the Foundation's main building.
- Address: Avenida de Berna 45, Praça de Espanha, Lisbon, 1067-001 | Map It
- Phone: 21/7823000
- Cost: €4, temporary exhibitions €4–€5, combined ticket €5, combined ticket museum with Modern Art Center €5, combined ticket for all €7; free Sun.
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 10–5:45
- Website: www.museu.gulbenkian.pt
- Metro: São Sebastião or Praça de Espanha.
- Location: The Modern City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Historical Way and Fisherman's Trail
Great info on the web site. Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I've done some searching and found great information so far and am looking for some final suggestions on my first trip to Europe.
I'm a 29 year old male and am looking for amazing nightlife Read more
· News & Features
Lisbon is one of the coolest European capitals. ... Read more
A sleek, new hotel has arrived in Lisbon's oldest neighborhood, Alfama.... Read more
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of rece... Read more