- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Santo António de Alfama
Santo António de Alfama Review
Up some steps from the Travessa do Terreiro do Trigo, you'll find this simple but sophisticated restaurant hung with black-and-white photos of famous artists. The mushrooms stuffed with Gorgonzola and deep-fried potato skins are tasty starters. Steak, fish, or duck accompanied by steamed vegetables are the most popular main dishes, but there are authentic Portuguese flavors such as morcela com grelos (blood sausage and turnip leaves, sautéed with potatoes); note there's less choice at lunch than at dinner, when the kitchen also stays open till half past midnight. In summer, good use is made of the large terrace.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Historical Way and Fisherman's Trail
Great info on the web site. Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I've done some searching and found great information so far and am looking for some final suggestions on my first trip to Europe.
I'm a 29 year old male and am looking for amazing nightlife Read more
· News & Features
Lisbon is one of the coolest European capitals. ... Read more
A sleek, new hotel has arrived in Lisbon's oldest neighborhood, Alfama.... Read more
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of rece... Read more