Nightlife & the Arts in Lisbon
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lisbon has a thriving nightlife scene, and there are listings of concerts, plays, and films in the monthly Agenda Cultural and the quarterly Unforgettable Lisboa booklets, both available from the tourist office.
Lisbon bars don't get going until after midnight, and clubs even later. On weekends, mobs stand shoulder to shoulder in the streets. For a less boisterous night out, visit an adega típica (traditional tavern) that has fado shows, or a venue that hosts live music.
Browse Lisbon Nightlife
Browse Lisbon Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $168 & up -- Portugal: 5-Star Lisbon Hotel thru Summer Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line