Lisbon Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Plan Your Lisbon Vacation
Lisbon bears the mark of an incredible heritage with laid-back pride. Spread over seven hills north of the Rio Tejo (Tagus River) estuary, the city also presents a variety of faces to those who negotiate its switchback streets. In the oldest bairros (neighborhoods), stepped alleys are lined with pastel-color houses decked with laundry; here and there miradouros (vantage points) afford spectacular views. Eléctricos (trams) clank through the streets, and blue-and-white azulejos (and glazed ceramic tiles) adorn churches and fountains.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Lisbon restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Lisbon
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now57° F Mostly Cloudy 77% Humidity April 19, 2014 at 4:30AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Lisbon April 2014
The background- Company sponsored trip so most was pre-arranged and planned for us, including:
Hotel -Pestana Palace
Flights- US Airways Atlanta to Philadelphia ; Philadelphia to Lisbon-same Read more
A big thank you to all who have contributed to the Azores forum. Read more