- Soak up the pleasures of the Atlantic Coast. Forty unique beaches dot Estremadura's 100-km (60-mile) coastline, allowing for a variety of choices, including relaxing in the sun and sand, catching the waves, or watching the sunset.
- Experience the Middle Ages. Cities like Mafra, Tomar, Alcobaça Batalha, and Leiria boast medieval monasteries and castles, and royal palaces that provide an incredible view of times past.
- Savor the freshest seafood. The fishing towns of Ericeira, Peniche, and Nazaré are some of the best places in the country for seafood lovers.
- Admire Portugal's beautiful countryside. The landscape along the Tagus (Tejo) and Zêzere rivers is a perfect venue to experience the culture of the Portuguese countryside.
- Horseback riding with famous horses. The Ribatejo is home to the famous breed of Lusitano horses, used in dressage and bullfighting.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More