- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A car will not be of much use to you in Kraków, since most of the Old Town is closed to traffic and distances between major sights are short. Elsewhere in the city, traffic jams are frequent and parking space insufficient, therefore an automobile may be a bit of a liability. A car will be useful if you set out to explore the region; but even then it is a good idea to consider a train or a bus first. You can approach Kraków either on the E77 highway (from Warsaw and north) or via the E40 (from the area around Katowice). Use the parking facilities at your hotel or one of the attended municipal parking garages (try plac Szczepański or plac świętego Ducha). On the whole, parking space in Kraków is rather scarce and expensive—between zł 5 and zł 10 per hour.
Avis (ul. Lubicz 23, Kraków, 31-503. 012/629–61–08. Balice Airport. 012/639–32–89.)
Europcar (Hotel Qubus, ul. Nadwiślańska 6, Kraków, 30-527. 012/374–56–96. Balice Airport. 012/257–79–00.)
Hertz (Focha 1, Kraków. 012/429–62–62.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe