- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bymarka and Estenstadmarka, wooded areas on the periphery of Trondheim, are popular with cross-country skiers. Bymarka's Skistua (ski lodge) also has downhill runs.
Vassfjellet Skisenter. This ski center 8 km (5 mi) south of Trondheim's city limits has 5 lifts and 11 runs. There are facilities for downhill and telemark skiing as well as snowboarding and tobogganing. Cross-country trails are also nearby. In season (roughly mid-October through Easter), Vassfjellet is open daily, and ski buses run every evening and weekend. Ski and snowboard rental is available, and there is a ski school on-site (as well as a cafeteria). 72-83-02-00. www.vassfjellet.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe