- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hiking and Walking
Bymarka. This wooded area on Trondheim's outskirts has a varied and well-developed network of trails—60 km (37 mi) of gravel paths, 80 km (50 mi) of ordinary paths, 250 km (155 mi) of ski tracks.
Ladestien. This 8-km trail along the edge of Lade Peninsula has great views of Trondheimsfjord. It's a nice hike whatever your fitness level. www.trondheim.kommune.no/content/1094810105/Ladestien.
Nidelvstien Trail. This trail runs along the river from Tempe to the Leirfossene waterfalls. www.trondheim.kommune.no/content.ap?thisId=1094810136.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe