Trondheim to the North Cape Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Plan Your Trondheim to the North Cape Vacation
Wild and beautiful, northern Norway is known for its fast-changing weather and vast distances, and is famous as the land of the northern lights, midnight sun, and polar night. It's a land marked by high mountains, glaciers, fjords, islands, and rocky shores. The Gulf Stream warms the coast, making it the longest ice-free coast in the polar regions. Basking in the midnight sun is one of Norway's most popular attractions; every year, thousands of people flock to Nordkapp (the North Cape) to experience it. To cater to the large number of visitors, northern Norway has well-run tourist offices which stock excellent maps and travel literature on the area.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Trondheim to the North Cape restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Now43° F Clear 70% Humidity April 24, 2014 at 7:50PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more