At a Glance
- superb location
- extensive leisure facilities
- room design is not exactly modern
Check Rates from our Partners
This hotel was built in 1884, but has been entirely refurbished with stone and oak in a modern style. It remains one of the most luxurious hotels in the region. The rooms are spacious and decorated in cheerful, light colors. Many offer a spectacular view of either the fjord or the entrance to Lodalen valley. The hotel also has a popular spa, and the friendly staff—some in traditional folk costumes—can assist in arranging various outdoor activities in the Nordfjord area.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
we have spent magnificent 10 days on the Lofoten Islands last winter to enjoy the winter landscape and to see and photograph the northern lights once again.
I have posted a travelogue on my (non-commercial) Read more
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
My husband and I will be in Finland for two days in August, and would like to spend a week to 10 days in Norway. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more