Flåmsbana (Flåm Railway)
Flåmsbana (Flåm Railway) Review
This trip is only 20 km (12 mi) long, but it takes 40 to 55 minutes (one-way) to travel the 2,850 feet up the steep mountain gorge. The line includes 20 tunnels and a bridge. A masterpiece of Norwegian engineering, it took 20 years to complete, and is today one of Norway's prime tourist attractions, with more than 600,000 visiting each year.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
Could someone help with pros and cons of the excursions offerred on the Kirkenes - Bergen voyage. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more