Getting Here and Around
Voss is easily accessible from Bergen via the E16. The 102-km (63-mi) drive takes around 90 minutes. The E16 runs all the way to Oslo. In summer an alternate route is via Route 13 from Voss to Granvin, and from there pick up Route 7, across the Hardangervidda plateau to Oslo.
Buses run between Voss and Bergen several times daily. The journey takes 1 hour 45 minutes. Buses also link Voss and Oslo, and the journey takes between 7½ and 9 hours.
Voss is accessible via the Bergensbanen between Oslo and Bergen. Express trains run several times daily from Oslo and Bergen; all stop at both Voss station and Myrdal. There are also local trains from Bergen that run to Voss. The steep Flåmsbanen railway, featured in the "Norway in a Nutshell" tour, runs from Myrdal to Flåm.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe