Getting Here and Around
From Voss take the E16 heading northeast—it takes about an hour to get to Flåm. The road passes Naerøyfjord, Norway's narrowest fjord, and one of its most spectacular.
Flåm railway station is the starting point (or terminus) of the famous Flåmbana. Trains go to Myrdal, with connections to both Voss and Geilo.
Buses also link Flåm with Voss (1 hour 15 minutes) and Geilo (via Gol; 3 hours 30 minutes).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe