Getting Here and Around
From Voss take the E16 heading northeast—it takes about an hour to get to Flåm. The road passes Naerøyfjord, Norway's narrowest fjord, and one of its most spectacular.
Flåm railway station is the starting point (or terminus) of the famous Flåmbana. Trains go to Myrdal, with connections to both Voss and Geilo.
Buses also link Flåm with Voss (1 hour 15 minutes) and Geilo (via Gol; 3 hours 30 minutes).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe