Getting Here and Around
From Geiranger to Stryn, take the ferry across Geirangerfjord to Hellesylt, a 55-minute ride. It's about 50 km (30 mi) from Hellesylt to Stryn on Route 60. There is no train station in Stryn, but buses link Stryn with Ålesund, with at least two departures daily.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe