Getting Here and Around
The Dovrebanen and Raumabanen between Oslo S Station and Åndalsnes via Dombås run three times daily in each direction. It's a 6½-hour ride. At Åndalsnes, buses wait outside the station to pick up passengers heading to points not served by the train. The 124-km (76-mi) trip to Ålesund takes close to two hours.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe