The Stryn Sommerskisenter has earned a reputation as northern Europe's best summer-skiing resort. Its seasons last from May through August, depending on the weather. The trails run over Tystig Glacier. The center has a ski school, a snowboard park, and cross-country trails. Skis, snowboards and snowshoes are available for rent. Rte. 258 (aka Old Strynefjell Mountain Route) near Videseter, Stryn. 57–87–54–74. www.strynefjellet.com. May–Aug., daily 10–4.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe