Utstein kloster (Utstein Abbey)
Utstein kloster (Utstein Abbey) Review
Founded in the late 1200s, Utstein is the best preserved medieval monastery in Norway. Public transport to the abbey isn't that good, so it's best to hire a car. By bus or car it's about a half-hour trip, north of Stavanger on a coastal highway. If you rent a car to get to Utstein, you can also take in the medieval ruins and stone age rock carvings on nearby Åmøy Island as well as Fjøløy Fyr, a lighthouse.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
Could someone help with pros and cons of the excursions offerred on the Kirkenes - Bergen voyage. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more