Straen Fiskerestaurant Review
This esteemed quayside fish restaurant doesn't mince words: it calls itself "world famous throughout Norway." The nostalgic interior filled with memorabilia and the white-clothed tables make the restaurant comforting and homey. If you're traveling with a group, reserve the bookshelf-lined library dining room. The daily five-course menu, which includes a cheese course, is a good value and might include such delectables as smoked scallops with a roe emulsion, or baked salmon with apple and hollandaise.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
My wife and I are considering taking the Flam Railway in May, but she has difficulty with climbing steep steps. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more