Stavanger kunstmuseum (Stavanger Art Museum)
Stavanger kunstmuseum (Stavanger Art Museum) Review
This art museum, part of the Museum Stavanger (MUST), is by the lovely Lake Mosvannet, about 3 km from the city center. Its holdings, which cover the early 19th century to the present, include an extensive collection of works by Lars Hertervig (1830–1902), a great romantic painter of Norwegian landscapes. The Halvdan Haftsten Collection has paintings and drawings created between the world wars.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
I have three full days plus two partial days (arrive after noon day 1, then 3 full days, then departure day don't need to leave for airport till 3pm) in Bergen at the end of June. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more