N. B. Sørensens Dampskibsexpedition
N. B. Sørensens Dampskibsexpedition Review
Norwegian emigrants waited here before boarding steamships crossing the Atlantic to North America 150 years ago. The historic wharf house is now a popular waterfront restaurant and bar. Emigrants' tickets, weathered wood, nautical ropes, old maps, photographs, and gaslights set the scene. At street level is an informal brasserie where you can get barbecued spareribs. Upstairs is an elegant and more expensive dining room with prix-fixe menus that change weekly, and may include such entrées as grilled steak with garlic, or bouillabaisse with crayfish, halibut, and mussels.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
Could someone help with pros and cons of the excursions offerred on the Kirkenes - Bergen voyage. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more