- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Angling for saltwater fish doesn't require a license or a fee of any kind. The local tourist office can help you get the permits required for other types of fishing.
Wear diving gear and you can go on a Salmon Safari, floating in the river 2 km (1 mi) to study wild salmon in their natural environment. Mo Laksegard, Sand, Stavanger, 4230. 52-79-76-90. www.molaks.no.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Radisson Blu Caledonien , Kristiansand in Jun: $298 & Up Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Stavanger this Jun Fr $198+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 4-Star Radisson Blu Atlantic: $191 & Up in Jun — $191 Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- Book 3.5-Star Myhregaarden in Stavanger Fr $249+/Nt — $249 Expedia
- Stavanger Savings! Book at Radisson Blu Royal Fr $214+/Nt — $214 Save with Expedia, $24/night less