Southern Norway Travel Guide
In summer, many of Oslo's residents migrate to the forests of Telemark and the sunny southern coast. Southern Norway is an ideal area for those who want to get close to nature, with a mild summer climate and terrain varying from inland mountains and forests to coastal flatland.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Southern Norway restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Southern Norway
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Book the Myhregaarden 3 Nts in May Fr $244+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Stavanger: Save this May Fr $165+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Stavanger Fr $222+/Nt — $222 Save with Expedia, $24/night less
- Book 3-Star Viste Strand l Fr $194+/Nt — $194 Expedia
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Now45° F Clear 93% Humidity May 24, 2013 at 8:50PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
We went to tromso and abisko national park to see the northern lights
Would like to thank the forum members ( especially charlie cornwall ) team at visit tromso office and guide gunnar for all the help. Read more
I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions) Read more