Southern Norway Travel Guide
In summer, many of Oslo's residents migrate to the forests of Telemark and the sunny southern coast. Southern Norway is an ideal area for those who want to get close to nature, with a mild summer climate and terrain varying from inland mountains and forests to coastal flatland.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Southern Norway restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Southern Norway
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Small budget: Book Myhregaarden 3 Nts in May Fr $245+/Nt Expedia
- Special deal: 3.5-Star Park Inn by Radisson Stavanger Fr $152+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Viste Strand l Fr $194+/Nt — $194 Expedia
- May deal: Radisson Blu Atlantic Fr $188+/Nt — $188 Expedia
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Now43° F Clear 70% Humidity May 23, 2013 at 9:50PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
We went to tromso and abisko national park to see the northern lights
Would like to thank the forum members ( especially charlie cornwall ) team at visit tromso office and guide gunnar for all the help. Read more