Southern Norway Travel Guide
Plan Your Southern Norway Vacation
In summer, many of Oslo's residents migrate to the sunny southern coast. Southern Norway is an ideal area for those who want to get close to nature, with a mild summer climate and terrain that varies from inland mountains and forests to coastal flatland.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Southern Norway restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Southern Norway
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more
Now48° F Scattered Clouds 82% Humidity March 9, 2014 at 5:50AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more