Getting Here and Around
From Oslo take the E18 and head south toward Tønsberg. Åsgårdstrand is 11 km (7 mi) south of Horten, you'll see signs shortly after you've past Horten. Timekspressen line 8 links Tønsberg with Oslo with departures every hour.
There is no train station in Åsgårdstrand. The nearest station is located in Tønsberg. There are regular departures from Oslo, and the journey takes about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe