Getting Here and Around
To get to Jevnaker by road, follow the E16 from Sandvika (west of Oslo) to Hønefoss, and turn east just before Hønefoss on Route 241 toward Jevnaker. If leaving from the east, follow Route 4 to Gjøvik and take Route 35 west to Jevnaker at Roa. It's about two hours. The bus company Timekspressen line 4 links Hønefoss with Oslo with departures every hour.
There is no train station in Jevnaker. The nearest station is in Hønefoss, with departures for Oslo several times daily (journey time 1 hour 45 minutes).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe