Getting Here and Around
If driving from Oslo, follow the E6 south and turn right onto Route 110 toward Fredrikstad just past Rygge Airport in Moss. The journey takes an hour and 30 minutes. Buses also link Fredrikstad with Oslo; they're operated by Nor-Way Bussekspressen.
Trains run regularly from Oslo S to Fredrikstad, several times a day (journey time is just over an hour). The train station is located in Cicignon, and you need to take the little ferry to cross over to Gamlebyen.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe