Getting Here and Around
From May to September you can take the scenic one-hour ferry ride from Oslo's Aker Brygge to Drøbak on the M/S Prinsessen. By car, follow Route E18 southeast from Oslo to Route E6. Follow signs to Drøbak.
The trip on Bus 541 or 542 from Strandgata at the corner of Prinsensgata in Oslo to Drøbak affords great glimpses of the fjord (and bathers in summer). The trip takes an hour, and buses depart hourly at 15 minutes to and 15 minutes past the hour during the week, with reduced service on weekends.
There is no rail station in Drøbak itself. The nearest station is in Ski. But the boat trip from Oslo is really the best option and much more pleasant.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe