- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
An Oslo institution, Theatercafeen has been a meeting place for artists and intellectuals for more than a century. Today it still attracts Oslo's beau monde, and as it's right across the street from the National Theater, it's a good bet for celebrity spotting. The menu varies with the seasons: in autumn, try scallops and Atlantic pollock or some excellent lamb. To have any chance of getting a table during the super-busy julebord season (mid-November to Christmas), you will probably have to book several months in advance.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
I'm looking for hotels in Bergen, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more