- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- central location
- large rooms and bathrooms
- rain shower heads
- sometimes things are so overdesigned that their function suffers
- rooms and hallways can be a bit dark and gloomy
Check Rates from our Partners
Grims Grenka Review
Oslo's first design hotel has smart lighting, a striking color-scheme, and contemporary touches like a clever use of mirrors and glassed-in bathrooms. The restaurant Madu here specializes in dim sum and other Asian dishes, and there's a rooftop terrace with a bar and sun-loungers as well as a small relaxation area.
- Address: Kongensgt. 5, Oslo, 0153 | Map It
- Phone: 23–10–72–00
- Website: www.firsthotels.com/Our-hotels/Hotels-in-Norway/Oslo/First-Hotel-GrimsGrenka
- Location: Oslo
- 55 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It was never my intention to do this trip three years running. Read more
It has been a while since my last update and I’m still working on trip reports from Washington DC, Seoul in Korea, Bali in Indonesia and Courmayeur in Italy – but at the moment I have finished Read more
We are planning a driving trip in Norway and are wondering when the best time of year to go is. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more