- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Oslo's opera house opened in 2008 with a fanfare that included the presence of the Norwegian king and a host of celebrities. The white marble and glass building, designed by renowned Norwegian architect firm Snøhetta, is a stunning addition to the Oslo waterfront, and the pride of Norwegians. It doesn't just look good; accoustics inside the dark oak auditorium are excellent, too. The program includes ballet, orchestra concerts, rock, and opera. Locals and tourists alike enjoy visiting at off hours, eating in the venue's restaurants, and walking on the building's roof.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
I'm planning a trip to Norway this summer for about 2 weeks (end of June - beg. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more