- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Baltazar Ristorante & Enoteca
Baltazar Ristorante & Enoteca Review
A longtime local favorite, this restaurant is tucked away in the arcades behind the cathedral. It's well worth seeking out. The high-end venue upstairs serves modern Italian food; a more informal enoteca downstairs (with more informal prices; think $ to $$), serves simpler, more traditional dishes. In summer, tables spill out on the big outside terrace and you can enjoy your meal alfresco. Whichever floor you decide to visit, the antipasti are always superb, and so is the homemade pasta; veal with tuna sauce and parmesan is a delicious starter. The stunning wine list features some 450 Italian wines, with all regions well represented, and a choice of vintages for several labels. Our favorite Italian in Oslo.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $749 & up -- 7-Night Northern Europe Cruise, R/T Amsterdam American Express Travel
we have spent magnificent 10 days on the Lofoten Islands last winter to enjoy the winter landscape and to see and photograph the northern lights once again.
I have posted a travelogue on my (non-commercial) Read more
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
My husband and I will be in Finland for two days in August, and would like to spend a week to 10 days in Norway. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more