- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Beach Club Review
This diner, its American origins "adjusted to a Norwegian way of life," has been drawing the crowds since it opened in 1989. The classics burgers are all there, but for something a bit different try the "Favourite," with cheese, bacon and chili con carne; or the Zorba (chicken burger with tzatziki); and then a Beach Lime Pie for dessert. Full American-style breakfasts are also available, and there's also a small kids' menu. The original Keith Haring on the walls and the big terrace for sunny days are two more pluses here.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $749 & up -- 7-Night Northern Europe Cruise, R/T Amsterdam American Express Travel
we have spent magnificent 10 days on the Lofoten Islands last winter to enjoy the winter landscape and to see and photograph the northern lights once again.
I have posted a travelogue on my (non-commercial) Read more
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
My husband and I will be in Finland for two days in August, and would like to spend a week to 10 days in Norway. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more