- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With its high ceiling and huge windows, this restaurant, housed in a former warehouse right by the harbor, is the perfect place for dinner on a sunny summer evening. Heed the locals and splash out on a plateau de fruits de mer (the house specialty) or opt for the well-priced menu of the day. Dishes like turbot with mustard purée and lobster sauce, or halibut with mushroom risotto and blue mussel sauce, come highly recommended. The desserts, from passionfruit Pavlova to strawberry clafoutis, don't disappoint either. There is also a good wine list with decent by-the-glass options. The restaurant sometimes attracts celebrities (think Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen) and often draws sizeable crowds; book ahead.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
I'm looking for hotels in Bergen, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more