Hardangerjøkulen (Hardanger Glacier)
Hardangerjøkulen (Hardanger Glacier) Review
About an hour's drive north of Geilo is Hardangervidda's highest peak, Hardangerjøkulen, at 6,200 feet. Near Hardangerjøkulen you can take a guided hike to the archaeological digs of 8,000-year-old Stone Age settlements.
In summer you can join guided glacier walks led by Jøklagutane. 99–33–12–22. www.joklagutane.no.
- Location: Hemsedal
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It was never my intention to do this trip three years running. Read more
It has been a while since my last update and I’m still working on trip reports from Washington DC, Seoul in Korea, Bali in Indonesia and Courmayeur in Italy – but at the moment I have finished Read more
We are planning a driving trip in Norway and are wondering when the best time of year to go is. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more