Getting Here and Around
The wide, two-lane Route E6 north from Oslo passes through Lillehammer. For a more scenic alternative, follow Route 33 on the western bank of Lake Mjøsa, via Gjøvik.
Nor-Way buses link Lillehammer and Oslo with four departures daily. The journey takes just under three hours. There are also regular train services between Lillehammer and Oslo throughout the day. The ride's about two hours and 15 minutes.
The nearest airport is Oslo's Gardermoen Airport.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe