Getting Here and Around
To drive from Oslo, take the E16 to Hønefoss, and then follow Route 7, the main road to cross the Hardangervidda. You can stop at a number of places; Geilo and Eidfjord are convenient towns along Route 7; Dagali, on Route 40 (a few kilometers south of Geilo), is another popular entry point.
Nor-Way buses connect most towns near the Hardangervidda.
Myrdal, Finse, and Geilo are the most convenient starting points for exploring the Hardangervidda if you're taking the Bergen Railway from Oslo (each has its own stop). There is no train station at Eidfjord.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe