Getting Here and Around
From Oslo take the E16 to Hønefoss, and then follow Route 7 to Geilo.
Bus companies Nor-Way Bussekspress and Nettbuss both have services connecting most interior cities, including Geilo. Hallingdal Billag (now part of Fjord1) has service between Oslo and Geilo.
There are several train departures daily between Oslo and Geilo. The journey takes 3½ to 4 hours.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe